Smart | Adaptive | Intuitive | Technology
Choose Your Panel Discussions:
- Creating A Happier, Less-Stressful Life with AI in the Cockpit
- Innovations Outside the Automotive Industry
- How to Personalize a Shared Platform
- Newest Tech and Concepts for Enhancing UX
- Minimizing Distraction While Adding Features
- Smart, Functional Materials, Morphing Controls
- Deep Dives on Notable HMIs for 2018
- Promoting Health, Wellness and Safety with Biometrics
See Agenda page for session descriptions
MORNING CENTER STAGE DISCUSSION
How to Create Trust Inside and Outside Autonomous Vehicles
Creating trust is key to the acceptance of self-driving vehicles, but passengers are not the only ones who need to be reassured. Drivers of conventional vehicles sharing the road – and pedestrians – must be convinced AVs always are aware and capable of responding appropriately to changing circumstances.
- John Shutko, Human Factors Technical Specialist, Ford Motor Company
- Melissa Cefkin, Principal Researcher-Human Centered Systems, Nissan Research Center
- Kristin Kolodge, Executive Director-Driver Interaction & HMI, J.D. Power
- Sam Abuelsamid, Senior Research Analyst, Navigant Research Transportation Efficiencies Program (moderator)
AFTERNOON CENTER STAGE DISCUSSION
The Ever-Changing Cockpit of the Future
New technologies, concepts and customer expectations are changing the way we envision future cockpits almost daily.
Participants will discuss the latest designs and philosophies about how drivers and passengers will interact with vehicles in the future.
- Mike Maddelein, VP of Engineering, Inteva Products
- Stefan Buerkle, VP, Sales, Bosch
- Chris Atkinson, UX Global Project Manager, Electric, Autonomous, Trucks, and Luxury Vehicles, Ford
Modeled after the popular Wards 10 Best Engines and Wards 10 Best Interiors programs, the UX awards spotlight new model vehicles that go above and beyond in creating a perfect user experience for drivers and passengers.
The awards ceremony, held at lunch during the conference, will draw UX design teams and executives from all the winning OEMs. We will call design team leaders to the stage to accept their honors and celebrate their accomplishments. All 10 winning vehicles are expected to be in the ballroom for conference attendees to get inside and see why WardsAuto judges deemed them to be the best User Experiences for the new model year.
< LEFT: Ralph Gilles, Chris Benjamin and FCA design team leaders celebrate the company’s Wards 10 Best UX Award